Discuss topics related to woodworking projects
Suso

Workshop Cabinets with Small Parts Storage

Post by Suso » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 pm

Workshop Cabinets with Small Parts Storage:

Suso

Re: Workshop Cabinets with Small Parts Storage

Post by Suso » Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:02 pm

I've uploaded a new video about my last project, workshop cabinets for DIY workshop with drawers and organizer boxes to store small parts. This is a short summary where you can see some of the features of the cabinets. To open and close the drawers I cut some dados on the sides, where the drawer bottoms will slide.

The organizers can also be removed so that you can take them somewhere else without needing to open the drawer. Other advantages of this system are that we can move the drawers around the workshop, or change their positions in the cabinets. In the back of the drawers I installed two removable dividers to store all kinds of fasteners.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:04 pm

How to install height-adjustable legs. In these shots you can see the floor of my workshop is not square with the wall. To correct these kinds of errors, I installed some height-adjustable legs on the sides of the DIY workshop cabinets that I made a few weeks ago.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:04 pm

The plans of the DIY workshop cabinets also include a printable template that you can glue onto the board to help you machine the drawer handles. Since we’re dealing with a lot of drawers, I’ve come up with a system to speed up the construction and machining processes.

One by one, I put the pieces on the bench, and then place the bottom part that’s already done on top of them. I’ll hit them so that the screws will leave a mark on the lower piece. This way I’ll have some marks I can later use to drill the holes, and this will also prevent the bottom parts from moving while I use the router.