Homemade Height Gauge

Discuss topics related to woodworking projects
Suso

Homemade Height Gauge

Post by Suso » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:34 am

While I was working on a project I realized I could really use a height gauge for my router bits and discs, so I've decided to make one based on commercially available ones using my digital caliper. I wanted to make one that would have to be easy to assemble and disassemble for convenience, so I decided to make use of a powerful screw magnet I had in my shop.

More info and free plans

Hace unos días realizando uno de mis proyectos he echado en falta un calibre para medir las fresas o el disco en altura, así que voy a fabricarme uno basado en los que se pueden encontrar en el mercado pero usando mi calibre digital.

Más info y planos gratis:

VallyOrent

Homemade Height Gauge

Post by VallyOrent » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:41 pm

Hi...thanks for sharing your work. I want to know if it is possible to use the ultrasonic sensor and Arduino to build this. I want to make it. How much power of ultrasonic will be enough? How did you build it using the sensor? Which concept did you use?

Suso

Homemade Height Gauge

Post by Suso » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:31 am

Hi VallyOrent,

It's possible to make, but the problem is the precission of the sensor and the size of a drill/disc is very small to measure. In this project I used SR04. But this sensor is not accurate for this kind of work. Maybe with a laser sensor you can get good results.