Bearing Follower

Discuss topics related to woodworking projects
Suso

Bearing Follower

Post by Suso » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:49 am

Using a metal bracket, I've adapted a bearing follower from an old hand router. It can be very useful for curve millings when you don't have a flush trim router bit or for other special milling. You can also use a 608 bearing, a bracket and a couple of screws.

Blog Article:

Yo he adaptado el rodamiento y accesorio de una vieja fresadora junto con una escuadra de metal, pero podría fabricarse fácilmente en casa con un rodamiento 608, una escuadra y un par de tornillos. Es muy útil para realizar fresados curvos cuando no disponemos de la fresa adecuada con rodamiento palpador.

Artículo en el Blog:

Leonid-Russia

Bearing Follower

Post by Leonid-Russia » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:11 pm

Hello, friends I had an idea - I need to design a stationary bearing (adjustable vertically and horizontally) for my router table!
Unfortunately, I did not find any information on this subject on the Internet!
Can anybody help me ???

P.S. A photo of my idea of a stationary bearing for a router table! I'm afraid that my design will not be strong enough with respect to lateral pressures!

Suso

Bearing Follower

Post by Suso » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:45 pm

hi Leonid,

as you can see, I've adapted the bearing of an old router and I don´t have problems with the lateral pressures.

I think your design is perfect, you can do a test with any material to try it. If required you can add another screw in both regulation system.
Send us pics when you finish to see the final result.

Leonid-Russia

Bearing Follower

Post by Leonid-Russia » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:04 pm

Yes, I will experiment with this in the near future. If I get something, I'll publish photos here!

This photo was found on the Internet!

This design is without bearing!

Suso

Bearing Follower

Post by Suso » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:43 pm

hi again, nice pics...
taking the bearing system of the first photo and the arm of the second photo I think it can works!
Keep in mind that the system of the second pic is for interior millings, you can combine both systems.

Suso

Bearing Follower

Post by Suso » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:49 pm

nice idea to make a bearing follower with easy to find materials, more info: