Sanding disc with a shaft

Discuss topics related to woodworking projects
Jambeaux

Post by Jambeaux » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:57 pm

Many years ago I bought a Swiss made table saw and with it I received a sanding disc with a shaft that allowed it to be chucked in a Jacobs chuck. It uses stick-on sanding discs. It is 150 mil in diameter. I have looked all over the US trying to find them, with no success. I was hoping someone would know of a European source. Here's what it looks like.

Suso

Post by Suso » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:58 pm

hi Al,
Seems a good tool!
what are you looking for? the stick-on sanding discs?

take a look:

Jambeaux

Post by Jambeaux » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:37 pm

I can easily find the sandpaper discs here in the US. In fact I bought a pack of them yesterday. My Swiss made table saw has a Jacobs chuck on the opposite side of the shaft that holds the saw blade. It also has a sliding table that has levers and wheels that move it in all 3 axis. This enables you to put a router bit in the chuck or a sand disc plate in the chuck. I'm trying to find a source for these sanding disc plates.

Thanks,
Al

Jambeaux

Post by Jambeaux » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

This shows the chuck, the sliding table and the sanding plate mounted in the chuck.

Thanks,
Al

Suso

Post by Suso » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:36 pm

It's a very curious table saw!...can you upload more pics to see all the functions?
Now I understand what you need, here in Europe all those disc plates are flexible and with velcro support...like this
I recommend you making your own, it's easy. You can use plywood and a screw as a shaft, something like that

Jambeaux

Post by Jambeaux » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:06 pm

Yes, I will send more pics of the saw (as soon as I recharge my phone batteries) and thank you for your helpful hints. You are right it is a most unusual piece of equipment. I bought it 30-35 years ago. I think it ceased to be manufactured 20-25 years ago.

Al

Jambeaux

Post by Jambeaux » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:21 am

More Pics. Feel free to ask me any questions you want. The name brand of this saw is Inca. I also have an Inca jointer and radial arm saw.

Al