DIY Quick Install Base Plate

Discuss topics related to woodworking projects
Suso

DIY Quick Install Base Plate

Post by Suso » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:25 pm

This DIY quick install base plate will allow you to attach your router to any router jig in a faster and more comfortable way. Here you'll fin the full video:

Suso

Re: DIY Quick Install Base Plate

Post by Suso » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:19 pm

I've just uploaded a new video in which I'm going to show you how to modify an affordable circle jig and make it into a professional tool that will allow you to get more out of your router. I'll also show you how to make a base plate to attach your router to any jig in a quick and convenient way. I waste quite a bit of time every time I have to attach my router to a jig, which led me to develop this new and innovative coupling system.

Suso

Post by Suso » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:43 pm

've edited together this video to show you how to use the quick install base plate for a router along with the cheap circle jig that I've improved. I planned to make a system to attach it my router to the jig in a quick and convenient way. I waste quite a bit of time every time I have to attach my router to a jig.

Attaching the router to the DIY base is this simple and quick, we only have to insert the base into the steel pipes of the jig and tighten the three knobs that come with the plunge base to lock the parallel guide. It's that quick. I think this is a perfect system to add to any router jig you have at home.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:16 pm

I've edited together this video to show you how I made the quick install base plate for a router. This DIY base will allow you to attach your handheld router to other router jigs in a quicker and more convenient way. Free plans on my website!

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:59 pm

I've edited together this video to show you how I improved my new incremental circle jig. The jig comes with a small parallel guide that has two drawbacks. It has a little play, and besides, it doesn't have an incremental system. I've managed to come up with a single solution to solve both problems at once. I made a new wooden guide in which I can insert the steel rod that acts as a rotation axis; this way I can use the incremental system, and by having two locking points, the issue with the play is completely gone. With this improvement, I can mill more accurately.