Diy Modular Workbench by Cathartic Carpentree

Share your woodworking projects!
Suso

Diy Modular Workbench by Cathartic Carpentree

Post by Suso » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:57 pm

really nice version of the Modular Workbench made by the Instagram Cathartic Carpentree. He wrote:

""Finally managed to finish off my workbenches last week. They are courtesy of @paoson_woodworking for the Modular Workbench design. The carcass of the bench is birch plywood with 24 pine plywood drawer boxes. The drawer fronts and the back covers of the benches are made from cherry with integrated dovetail drawer pulls.😍

The tops are bread board end American ash with walnut dowels all finished off with Osmo Polyx oil.😍 They also feature some fancy leveling castors since these benches are crazy heavy. They have been 5 months in the making since I had to build a kitchen and try to finish my dissertation in all of this too. I couldn't be happier with how they have turned out and they are able to store pretty much all the tools I own.""

spidervest

Re: Diy Modular Workbench by Cathartic Carpentree

Post by spidervest » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:56 am

Great job on the DIY Modular Workbench! The attention to detail, from the birch plywood carcass to the cherry drawer fronts with dovetail pulls, is impressive. The use of American ash for the tops with walnut dowels adds a beautiful touch. Also, those leveling castors are a smart addition for heavy benches. Well done on balancing this project with building a kitchen and completing your dissertation in the past five months. They look fantastic, and the Oil finish gives them a sleek and durable touch. They seem to handle your tool storage needs perfectly!