Multi-Function Workbench Hack

Share your woodworking projects!
Shenphen

Multi-Function Workbench Hack

Post by Shenphen » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:16 am

I really got inspired by your workbench on YouTube. So I bought a set of plans and used those as an inspiration for my own take on the workbench. I have a very small workshop and the original design does not fit into that space. So I made my own version with two smaller workbenches.

I would like to share some pictures of them here. They are made of 12 mm cheap plywood, so I had to recalculate the measurements a great deal. Made a small 12 mm mistake on the first one I made. Corrected this for the second one. Some of the plywood had a bend, so one of the drawer fronts is protruding a little. But it does not matter that much. It still works fine.

I used an ash kitchen countertop as the bench top and my bench dog holes are 22 mm because that is readily available as stock at the local hardware and wood store. Most of my handtools are in the drawers. I plan to make some brackets and add some magnets, to the back space of that same unit, to attack my Japanese hand saws. And I plan to add a pliers attachment to the space at one end of that unit. I am using MicroJig clamps to attach anything to the bench. And I use a simple system and shooting board when using my planes. I have no need for an end vise. But here you have it:

Suso

Re: Workbench Hack

Post by Suso » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:41 am

I also thought about making a modular workbench, it's a great idea.
I would like to see photos of projects where you use the workbench!

Dylan44

Re: Multi-Function Workbench Hack

Post by Dylan44 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:11 pm

Looks amazing and I would love to have one in my shop. May I ask you for the plans so that I can build one for myself please.