Modular Workbench by Jesse Kilbride

Share your woodworking projects!
Suso

Modular Workbench by Jesse Kilbride

Post by Suso » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:01 am

Modular Workbench made by Jesse Kilbride, he wrote me:

It looks like the organizer is not available here(Canada), I like it because of how it fits perfectly with the drawers (and also looks cool when the drawers are cut). I will find something that will work here though for sure.

Here are a couple of progress photos. You can see I made a few mistakes.. I cut the 876mm pieces to 870mm (oops) and I also undercut the cabinet tops and bottoms. I made the mistake of cutting all of the hard plywood pieces before starting construction.. then later realized it would have been better to construct the frames and then cut to fit after watching your video again. It was the first time using my new/used table saw and it was not totally parallel. I learned that I should check these things on scrap first :) Some of the joints are not perfect but for the most part I can either fix it or hide it, I think the sea salt trick would have helped here. The cabinets fit perfectly except for the gap which will be easy to cover. I have learned so much already and again want to say that I am really grateful for the service that you are providing. This is my first major project since making a skateboarding halfpipe 20+ years ago and I already know I will be proud of it. I will send more progress pics as I go.

Best regards,
Jesse

Suso

Re: Modular Workbench by Jesse Kilbride

Post by Suso » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:29 am

more photos:

Suso

Re: Modular Workbench by Jesse Kilbride

Post by Suso » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:50 am

Finished Workbench: