Re: Modular Workbench by Vamod

Share your woodworking projects!
Vamod

Re: Modular Workbench & Mobile Tool Stand

Post by Vamod » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:09 pm

Update... the zip bolts work!

I finished the external parts of the four benches and dropped in a router table as well. I'm able to configure them end to end or front to back. I installed zip bolts on the ends of each and I can attach and tighten them as needed. They also unscrew by hand if I want to remove them completely. From the front, the only thing that shows is the 1" hole that houses the tightening mechanism. On to the drawers!

Attached a few photos.

Suso

Post by Suso » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:26 pm

hello Chris,

great job! I would like to see more photos when you finish installing the drawers, with modules attached in both ways.

Vamod

Post by Vamod » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:25 am

All righty... been a while. I have drawers in -- so many drawers. I still need to face them but they are very functional at this point. Router lift in. And finally after 6 month after ordering my Incra LS, it is here and installed (about to be zero'd).

So the zip fasteners are still great. I've had one fail, but they aren't super $ and I had extras on had. Note -- don't use a regular drill. Hammer drill is okay but I still killed a connector with it.

Here's a few photos in how I use this setup. It's awesome for my space. I can't afford to have multiple tables in play all the time. So I use this as a) storage, b) assembly, c) router table, d) workbench (against the wall or as a quad). Limited to 3 photos here... will post a few more.

Last edited by Vamod on Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vamod

Post by Vamod » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:26 am

More photos:

Vamod

Post by Vamod » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:27 am

Just a few more:

Suso

Post by Suso » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:25 pm

what a great workbench, congratulations!