DIY Mobile Workbench by Mark P.

Share your woodworking projects!
Suso

DIY Mobile Workbench by Mark P.

Post by Suso » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:35 am

DIY Mobile Workbench made by Mark. Mark wrote me:

Woodworking is a hobby and I have two young kids. That being said, I didn't find time for a complete clean up and as you can tell, to do some touch up.

Shows the DIY table saw fence with a cutting capacity to the end of the router table. In my case ~32". That's 4" shy of a standard 36" T-Glide fence. The fence is based on a plan that I purchased online. I will reach out to the fellow woodworker to ask if sharing is ok.

I still have to add a gauge to know the width of the cuts. You can see two aluminum locking plates under the lever / cam. There are two more on the back of the fence which allows it to be secure in place without wiggle.

I cut my cross cut sled too short. The t tracks and miter bars are sticking out. The in back is my other sled with Formica. I didn't feel like building a third one lol.

This is the lock on the other side of the fence. By moving the lever down, both sides get locked in and squared up. I still have to cut miter slots into the outfeed table. I used scrap Formica for a durable and easy to clean surface. However, it takes a lot of work and dealing with contact cement even when wearing a mask is a pain.

Suso

Re: DIY Mobile Workbench by Mark Pisani

Post by Suso » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:40 am

To level the table top carrying the sled, I used adjustable furniture legs. They allowed me to seamlessly level sled on the tabletop to the saw.

Here is the link for the ones I used: Heavy Duty Furniture Levelers

Heads-up, if the machine screw is too long, you can drill a hole into the table top. This allows to excess screw to recess into the table.

Lessons learnt: make sure you don't install the levelers where the miter slots are. You'll push the slots up. I drilled holes into the table first, then I screwed the scew into the metal sleeve of the lever. I had ~ 1cm exposed at the top. The exposed screw I now put into the holes allowing me secure the levelers. You can also use super glue and a catalyst. I added an additional nut to each leg to avoid movement and misalignment (screw slips)

I leveled the table saw with these adjustable feet that I connected to the frame of the saw. Link for Amazon US

Suso

Post by Suso » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:47 am

After squaring off my cross cut sled, I used shelf pins to avoid to repeat the process everything me I want to use it.

Suso

Post by Suso » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:48 am

Kreg has some adjustable router insert plates. The router table was the first one I leveled. Used the router insert plate form a Bosch router table with adjustable height.I didn't use any furniture levelers at this point for the table top but built kind of my own system. This was the reference point. I used a 3D level to make sure it was as level as it can be.