Luke Coiro's Lathe & Disc Sander

Share your woodworking projects!
Suso

Luke Coiro's Lathe & Disc Sander

Post by Suso » Mon May 21, 2018 11:23 am

great homemade lathe by Luke Coiro, he wrote:

Hi,

I added a comment on YouTube the other day regarding vibration problems with the lathe (which I’ve since sorted out and it now runs smooth) and promised to send you some photos of the finished product constructed from the plans I purchased from you.
I had an old 1 hp electric motor which works fine but I might upgrade it at some point down the track to a better one.
I know in the youtube videos you normally use 20mm Birch plywood but was surprised to find the plans specifying to use 18mm hardwood ply. This worked out so much better for me as in Sydney, Australia, Birch ply is not easy to find but 18mm Marine Hardwood ply is readily available and that is what I used.
I’m real happy with the result and have to commend you on the great videos and your outstanding wood working skills.
I also previous to that, constructed a portable workshop based on your design and that came out great too. I might send you photos of that soon.

Anyway, thanks again for the great videos and inspiration to undertake these projects.

Cheers!
Luke Coiro