Bearings and Accessories

Where to obtain materials and tools that I use
Suso

Bearings and Accessories

Post by Suso » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:51 pm

hi Annas,

yes, the 608 bearings have 8 mm inner hole, and the RM2-2RS 3/8 V have 9.54 mm.
In my upgrade I have used inches screws(3/8)

You can use the same M8 screws if you use a steel pipe to insert into the bearing (10mm external diameter and 8mm inner)
If so, you have to sand the outside of the steel pipe a bit to be able to insert it into the RM2-2RS bearing...

If you use the RM2-2RS bearings, you will not need to change the alluminium profile, I'm still with them!

If you take off the aluminum profiles and you use steel profiles, you can continue using the 608 bearings!

I'm not planning to update the plans of the 3D Router because, as you can see in the video, hardly any modifications are necessary and both systems are good if made correctly and with the right parts. You only need to separate the bearings 6mm on axis Y and X, and lower the Z axis part another 6mm as seen in the video.

let me know if you still have problems...

Fortius

Bearings and Accessories

Post by Fortius » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:45 pm

wrote:Very Helpful.Many thanks, Suso F

Hello Suso

Those RM2-2RS 3/8 V Groove Bearings in Ebay are sold from USA or China. It seems, that they are available nowhere in Europe. Therefor I have to use 608 bearings.
Fortius

Suso

Bearings and Accessories

Post by Suso » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:07 pm

wrote:[quote="Albert A."]Very Helpful.Many thanks, Suso F

Hello Suso

Those RM2-2RS 3/8 V Groove Bearings in Ebay are sold from USA or China. It seems, that they are available nowhere in Europe. Therefor I have to use 608 bearings.
Fortius[/quote]

You can buy them in china, it takes a little more time, but you will not have problems

Fortius

Bearings and Accessories

Post by Fortius » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:33 pm

Hello Suso

Thank you for your reply. I just wonder if I use 608 bearings so ,can I use these:

Inliner Skates Skateboard Rollerblade Waveboard und Longboards?

They are in pages you are referring in Germany.

Fortius

Suso

Bearings and Accessories

Post by Suso » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:52 pm

If you are going to use the 608 bearings, better to use them of quality, like Fag, Ina, Skf...
take a look at this article where you will find more information:

Do not forget to use a steel or iron profile...

Fortius

Bearings and Accessories

Post by Fortius » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:24 am

Hello
Sorry to trouble you again, but could you just say what would be the proper RM2-2RS 3/8 V bearing and where to buy them. I have wasted a lot of time searching all over the web those bearings and I would like to find durable and quality bearings. The price difference seems to be quite wide. And I don't want to pay too much for them. In Europe I couldn't find a single v bearing.

With best regards Fortius

Suso

Bearings and Accessories

Post by Suso » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:26 am

It's best to buy them in Usa or China...depends on the shipping cost to your home.
Option1
Option2
Remember that you also will need 3/8" screws, or adapt a metal pipe and use 8mm screws.