Finger Joint Board / Tableros Laminados

Where to obtain materials and tools that I use
Suso

Finger Joint Board / Tableros Laminados

Post by Suso » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:32 pm

An finger joint board is a kind of board made by joining long strips of wood together. The pieces are between 2 and 5cm wide. The staves can be as long as the board itself called full stave board, or about 20/30 cm long and joined end-to-end with finger joints until they reach the desired length. More info in this article:

I have use it for:
Workbench worktop:

Finger joint boards are very sensitive to humidity, especially those made of beech wood, and especially in the short direction of the board, where more pieces of wood are in contact with each other.

For that reason, I advise those who use this type of boards for the top of the workbench, to leave clearance in the holes of the rear screws, those on the side of the doors, and not to overtighten those screws to allow that slight movement of the wood. Otherwise, the board can become deformed by not having space to move. After a few months, the board stabilizes.

Finger Joint Board in Europe:
Tablero Alistonado:
Basic Madera:

Finger Joint Board in America:
Buy on Usa

El tablero alistonado es un tablero fabricado mediante la unión de listones de madera. Los listones tienen un ancho de entre 2 y 5cm. Pueden ser del largo total del tablero, llamados de lama continua, o de unos 20/30cm de largo, en cuyo caso se unen por las testas con uniones dentadas hasta alcanzar el largo deseado. Más info en este artículo:

Los tableros de madera alistonada son muy sensibles a la humedad, sobre todo los de haya, y sobre todo a lo ancho del tablero, donde más piezas de madera están en contacto entre sí.

Por esa razón os aconsejo a los que uséis este tipo de tableros dejar holgura en los agujeros de los tornillos traseros, los que están del lado de las puertas, y no apretar demasiado esos tornillos para permitir ese ligero movimiento de la madera. De otro modo, el tablero puede llegar a deformarse al no tener espacio para moverse. Pasados unos meses, el tablero se estabiliza.