Circular Saw and Accessories

Where to obtain materials and tools that I use

Wayne6

Post by Wayne6 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:48 am

Hi all,

has anyone tried or looked at the Makita N5900B

The 5903R is not available in this part of the world so I am trying to find the closest matching alternative so as to minimize any design changes I would need to make...

All comments welcome and appreciated..

Wayne

Suso

Post by Suso » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:34 am

hi Wayne,
you will not have a problem, it's very similar. Has the same Max Blade diameter, dimensions and weight.
The only thing you might have to modify is the recess on the lid, keep in mind that you should position the disk in the same place as in the plans.

Wayne6

Post by Wayne6 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:02 pm

Many Thanks!!

christian.valeria

Post by christian.valeria » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:56 pm

Una duda, ¿qué mecanismo usas para mantener el encendido fijo en la sierra circular?.
Vivo en Chile y no hay ningún modelo disponible que tenga el botón para mantener la sierra funcionando, todos los modelos están diseñados para que trabajen solo cuando tienes presionado el botón de encendido por lo que no me sirven para fabricar el Workshop Portable.
Aprovecho de felicitarte, encuentro genial todos tus diseños.

Saludos

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:58 pm

hola Christian, me alegra mucho que te gusten los planos!
como bien dices, ninguna circular funciona sin mantener ese botón presionado, lo hacen por seguridad y está genial que así sea.
Lo puedes arreglar fácilmente sujetando el interruptor con una brida o algo similar. Después puedes instalar un enchufe y un switch como yo hice en mis sierras de mesa.

saludos!

lanuovaterra

Re: Circular Saw and Accessories

Post by lanuovaterra » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:48 pm

Hi,
your videos inspired me a lot so I wanna try build your table saw to my single bed structure.
I m worried about safety ( fingers are my life, I'm a professional violin player) and I watched a lot of videos about it, also your one: https://www.paoson.com/en/blog/table-sa ... y-tips-n37

I cannot find a Circle saw with the splitter (or rive knife). Anyone can help me to find out a good model under 150€?
Maybe in Italy or EU website.
I just found these chinese model but a lot of people is complaining about the quality...https://www.amazon.it/dp/B00HT94ZCO/ref ... B07FFWSVL4

many thanks

Rocco