Where to find HDF in the USA?

Where to obtain materials and tools that I use
snowdisc

Where to find HDF in the USA?

Post by snowdisc » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:06 am

It is crazy that I can't seem to find the same type of material used on the surface of the workbench. Has anyone had any luck finding the same HDF material in the USA? If not, maybe I'll distribute it myself haha.

How expensive is this stuff in Spain? For example, compared to a sheet of 70mm maple plywood, is it double or triple the cost?

Suso

Re: Where to find HDF in the USA?

Post by Suso » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:40 am

hi mate,

that board is called Compacmel, it is manufactured by a Spanish company and I think it is impossible to get in the US. Another perfect board to use as surface of the workbench in birch plywood with HPL on the faces, in this article you will find more information.

Compacmel is quite an expensive board. The board of 2440 x 2050 x 13 mm costs about 400€, about 440$.

dwilliam

Re: Where to find HDF in the USA?

Post by dwilliam » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:08 am

Finding the same HDF material used on the workbench can be frustrating. I'm uncertain if anyone has found it in the USA. Distributing it independently might be an option. As for its cost in Spain, it's hard to determine without specific details. However, it's possible to inquire about prices locally. In comparison to 70mm maple plywood, HDF may vary in cost, but exact differences can only be established by checking with suppliers. Prices fluctuate based on location, availability, and market conditions, so it's best to research current rates in your area.