T-Track selection

Where to obtain materials and tools that I use
TomRahav

T-Track selection

Post by TomRahav » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:35 pm

Hi,
I bought the plans for both the Modular Workbench and Mobile Workbench, and look for some clarifications regarding the T-Tracks to use.
Is the Incra system more suitable for Imperial accessories, or there is worldwide standardisation? I am based in France and found where to buy it, but I am afraid that the accessories I buy later on won't fit in it. As I will eventually build both projects, I would like to use the same railing and accessories system on both.
Thanks in advance,
Tom.

Suso

Re: T-Track selection

Post by Suso » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:46 pm

hi Tom,

I don't think you have compatibility problems. Have you read these posts?

TomRahav

Post by TomRahav » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:02 pm

Hi!
I did, and my understanding from your description is that both options are compatible, only the Incra one gives you the extra 'T' recess at the bottom. However, when I compared the two profiles (T-Tracks Metric and Incra), I noticed dimensions difference (e.g. 11.9 vs. 13.2, 6.0 vs. 6.35, etc.) so I am not sure that the same clamp for instance will fit both. I'm sorry, I am very new to this domain so my question might not be clear enough...
Thanks,
Tom.

Suso

Post by Suso » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:22 pm

hi again Tom,

I am using the same clamp in both profiles and without problems.

I cannot guarantee that another type of clamp or accessory that I do not know will work for both profiles.

TomRahav

Post by TomRahav » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:05 pm

Thanks again! I ordered the same to be sure :)