T-Track Profile and Accessories

Where to obtain materials and tools that I use
Martin K

Re: T-Track Profile and Accessories

Post by Martin K » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:21 pm

Greetings Suso,

In your video, DIY Folding Outfeed table with built-in Crosscut sled PT 5.

The two steel pipes you cut to size to make the fence extension, may I please ask what size the steel pipes used are? And are they also the same size of steel pipe used to make the rotation axis for the legs of the outfeed table?

Last question, is this the same Aluminium Profile Fence used to make the fence of the crosscut sled?

Thank you. I appreciate your work. It is refined unlike anything else I’ve found online.

Suso

Post by Suso » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:22 am

hi Martin,

yes, that's the Aluminium Profile Fence.

I've used a steel pipe with an external diameter of 10mm and an internal diameter of 8mm for the fence extension, and another pipe with an internal diameter of 10mm and an external diameter of 13mm for the axis.

Martin K

Post by Martin K » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:27 pm

Thanks! I’m planning to start this project around April/May, after the snow melts here in Canada.

The only material I’ve been able to source that is similar to Valchromat I’ve pictured below. I believe these are ForesCOLOR panels that have been pre-cut to ~5mm thickness. I plan to use contact cement to adhere three panels to make ~15mm panels.

Do you think this material and my approach of cementing the panels together is suitable for the router/work/out-feed tables?

Suso

Post by Suso » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:22 am

hi Martin,

if it is a material similar to MDF you should have no problems using it. Regarding gluing them, you can think about doing a test to see if it bends.