T-Track Profile and Accessories

Where to obtain materials and tools that I use
kenny.declercq

Re: T-Track Profile and Accessories

Post by kenny.declercq » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:03 pm

Hello Suso,

I bought your plans to make this workbench with router table (beginning woodworking) and I'm a little stuck with the miter chanel and sliders.

For the miter channel is this a 32" or 48"?

Also I can't find the slider you posted here, is it this one:

Thanks for the reply,

regards from Belgium!

Suso

Post by Suso » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:14 pm

hi Kenny,

the miter channel of 32" will be enough.

I think I have not used that sliders in the Mobile Workbench, I've made the sliders with HPL panel. If you want to use those sliders, 18" will be enough.

topherius

Miter Track Stop

Post by topherius » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:12 am

Hi, I bought the plans for the Mobile Workbench and I'm assembling the materials to begin the project. However, without luck I have searched through the plans, the videos and your website to find the brand of miter track stop you used for the workbench. Can you provide the make/model or perhaps a website where I can find one? Many thanks.

Suso

Re: Miter Track Stop

Post by Suso » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:27 am

topherius wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:12 am
Hi, I bought the plans for the Mobile Workbench and I'm assembling the materials to begin the project. However, without luck I have searched through the plans, the videos and your website to find the brand of miter track stop you used for the workbench. Can you provide the make/model or perhaps a website where I can find one? Many thanks.
hi topherius,

I bought it on Aliexpress, it came standard with the aluminum profile.

iambritishdaniel

Post by iambritishdaniel » Tue May 24, 2022 4:09 pm

Hello, I too bought the Mobile Workbench plans and have been able to source most of the required parts, but there are a few I'm unsure exactly what is needed or where to get them from. Please can you provide more information, photos, and resellers for:
  • Aluminum Profile L Shape
  • Aluminum Plate Stop
Also, the "sliders" that go into the Miter Channel - are these something we should make ourselves, or are these specific products that should be purchased?

Thank you,

Daniel

Suso

Post by Suso » Tue May 24, 2022 4:32 pm

hi mate,

the best place to find all kind of aluminum profiles is in large DIY warehouses. It will also be cheaper than buying it online.

Here you can find the sliders, although made of hard wood they work just as well!

iambritishdaniel

Post by iambritishdaniel » Wed May 25, 2022 5:26 pm

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, but I'm still a little confused.

Perhaps you can explain exactly what the "Aluminum Plate Stop" is/looks like. I have reviewed all of the plans but I can't seem to find that part mentioned.

Thanks,

Daniel

Suso

Post by Suso » Thu May 26, 2022 8:01 am

hi again Daniel,

If you are talking about the Mobile Workbench, that aluminum plate is to stop the table saw sled when storing it under the bench saw. You can use any other material like wood.

ourgangmn

Post by ourgangmn » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:13 pm

I am looking for a sliding stop for the aluminum profile that is part of the sliding carriage. I purchased one that technically works from Ali Express but it has the stop on the right side and is not reversible. Where did you locate the sliding carriage stop that is shown in the PDF instructions, which is blue? I have not been able to locate one that is equal to it, and the link in the PDF near it only shows the knobs. If you could provide this info I would be grateful. Or, if others of you have found a stop with the stop arm on the left where did you find it? I will lose the entire length of the block in overall cutting capacity if I use the one I purchased.

Suso

Post by Suso » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:26 am

hi mate, you'll find the blue stop here: