Fence Information Missing/Conflicting

Discuss topics related to the Portable Workshop
BlotCoo

Fence Information Missing/Conflicting

Post by BlotCoo » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:58 pm

I'm building the fence right now and it looks like piece #39 is missing from the cutlist. It's in the Sketchup file so you can get the dimensions there but it would be nice to get it from the cutlist pdf as well. From the YouTube video it looks like it might be 8mm plywood, but the Sketchup file says it's 3mm which seems kind of small.

The holes for the dust collection are also conflicting between the exploded and assembled Sketchup file for the fence. In the exploded section of the Sketchup file it shows three holes, one both #37 pieces and one in piece #40. The assembled section of the Sketchup file it only shows two. The YouTube video also only shows two, one on the right #37 piece and one in piece #40. I'm assuming there's only supposed to be the two holes for the router fence side and no holes for the table saw side.

Suso

Re: Fence Information Missing/Conflicting

Post by Suso » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:10 pm

hi mate,

since there is not much space left, the ideal is to make piece #39 with a thin material, such as a 3mm thick acrylic. If you can't get it you can use plywood between 5 and 9mm.

you are right about this:
I'm assuming there's only supposed to be the two holes for the router fence side and no holes for the table saw side.