Portable Workshop Improvements

Discuss topics related to the Portable Workshop
Suso

Portable Workshop Improvements

Post by Suso » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:03 pm

I'm about to finish editing a new video where I'll be showing some new improvements I've made to my DIY Portable Workshop. It will be the first in a series of three or four videos, where you can find out how to best use this fence.

The plans are already updated with these improvements. If you have previously purchased the plans you can re-download them for free from your user account on the web.

Here you will find information on how to download them again. The PDFs with the instructions are missing, which I will update when I publish the last video of this series.

Suso

Re: Portable Workshop Improvements

Post by Suso » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:09 pm

I just posted a new video on Youtube showcasing some of the improvements I've made to the Portable Workshop's rip fence. In this short clip, you can see I've modified or replaced some plywood parts.

Suso

Post by Suso » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:28 pm

I've edited this clip to show you how I built the new alignment system for the Portable Workshop fence. It's simple but effective for these kinds of DIY table saws.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:20 pm

Another snippet of the latest video on my channel, where you can see how I made the cursor for the Portable Workshop fence.

Suso

Post by Suso » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:38 pm

Another improvement I've made to the Portable Workshop fence has been to glue an HPL sheet on each side of it. This allows for more smooth movement when cutting pieces and greater impact resistance. I've used spray contact glue and a flush trim bit to cut the left over parts of the HPL sheet.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:17 pm

I just posted on Youtube the second video on the improvements I'm making to my Portable Workshop. You'll be able to see how I modified the jig saw table guide to achieve more accurate cuts.

Suso

Post by Suso » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:49 pm

I've edited this clip to show you how to install and everything the Portable Workshop's jig saw table can do. This tool lets me make curved cuts and other kinds of cuts that are not possible with a band saw, such as an interior square.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:01 pm

Another snippet of the latest video on my channel, where you can see how I made the jig saw fast-locking system for the Portable Workshop. It allows me to lock the jig saw to the bottom to the table in a matter of seconds!

Suso

Post by Suso » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:04 pm

Another snippet of the latest video on my Youtube channe where you can see how I made the new blade guide for the jig saw table. I've installed a bearing that act as back support for the blade. I’ve also replaced the two bearings that keep the blade square with some bigger ones. Full video:

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:40 pm

I just posted a new video on Youtube showcasing some of the improvements I've made to the Portable Workshop's router table. I've made the necessary modifications so that several types of routers can be used in a more precise way.