Makita Circular Saw

Discuss topics related to the Portable Workshop
BOBNBUILD

Makita Circular Saw

Post by BOBNBUILD » Thu May 19, 2016 1:11 pm

HI
This is my first post on your forum site, I must say that i really enjoy watching your video's. So much so that it has got me interested in making a Portable Workshop. I have though been looking at your Portable Workshop Video and note with interest your choice of Circular Saw. in the Video it is seen to be a Makita Circular Saw, I am though not able to find the same saw by looking on the "interweb" I particularly like your choice of CS as it seems to have a more "ROBUST ANGLE ADJUSTER MECHANISM" Could you please therefore shed some light onto the exact Model of Makita CS that you have used in the making of your Portable Workshop.
Thanks in advance, & please keep up the good work. Regards BOBNBUILD

info@paoson

Makita Circular Saw

Post by info@paoson » Thu May 19, 2016 2:46 pm

Hi,

this is my model "makita 5903r". If you can't find this model you could try other brands. They usually have similar quality and features in similar range of prices. (metabo, bosch, triton...)

BOBNBUILD

Makita Circular Saw

Post by BOBNBUILD » Thu May 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Hi
Many thanks for the swift reply i'll have to go on the Hunt for one now ! Looking on the Tinterweb i see that this particular CS will fit the 135mm blade which obviously goes for a better height of cut, sounds like the best route.
Thanks once again

Juiceman

Makita Circular Saw

Post by Juiceman » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:04 am

Hi,
I'm interested in purchasing a under table saw for the portable table.
Does this Makita module any good?

Thanks, Oren

Suso

Makita Circular Saw

Post by Suso » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:16 am

Hi Oren,
the circular saw that you have linked is perfect!

Peppino1

Makita Circular Saw

Post by Peppino1 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:10 pm

Hi,

I have purchased the portable workshop plans, and I actually just finished it, but ran into an issue, that I would like to clear with you.
There is an anti-kickback riving knife mounted on the 5903R, which in turn cannot protrude through the table top.
I suppose I will have to cut it further back from above, by taking off the saw and aligning it to a guide, then cutting a little more backwards.
Just for clarification I have not created a full opening yet below the insert.

But what will happen to the inserts? What is the best practice to cut the blade opening, so that the knife can come out?

Suso

Makita Circular Saw

Post by Suso » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi Levente,
as you can see in this article, I bought the circular saw used and did not include the riving knife, therefore I can not make the design adapted to the riving knife.
You have two options, you can make the lid hole bigger, or you can reform the riving knife just like I did.
Let me know if you still have problems.

Peppino1

Makita Circular Saw

Post by Peppino1 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:44 pm

Yeah, I wanted to, but didn't find a way to upload the photos.

Suso

Makita Circular Saw

Post by Suso » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:46 pm

you can also send them to this email: info@paoson.com

Yann2

Makita Circular Saw

Post by Yann2 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:15 am

Hi there, first post here !

I just bought a circular saw as well, and found out this website. I'm interested in building my own portable workshop, but... My makita is the sp6000j so it's a plunge saw, and I realized that I can't lock the blade's depth..

Anyone has a tip/plan for this kind of tool to adapt it on a table saw ?

Btw I love my makita !

Regards,

Yann