Could use some help with questions about the router for the portable workshop

Discuss topics related to the Portable Workshop
Quickening

Post by Quickening » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:25 am

Hi all,

i recently bought your plans from this website for the portable workshop. i don't have a router (yet).
However i found a nice deal in a local hardware shop here in belgium and i was wondering if this could work.

https://www.brico.be/nl/gereedschap-installatie/elektrisch-gereedschap/freesmachines/bovenfrezen/bosch-set-bovenfrees-'pof1400ace'-1400-w/5236364

this is the router i'm considering, i know i'll have to adjust the plans but i have no idea if this could work.

Care to give me your view on this matter?
thanks a bunch and keep up the good work.

Q

Suso

Post by Suso » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:07 am

hi David,

with some modifications you can use it, but keep in mind that you will surely lose the possibility of tilting it, and also the possibility of easily change it to a drill for using the sanding drums etc...

You can not find a router with a European clampling collar?

Quickening

Post by Quickening » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:22 am

i can find them online, but not in the hardware store's. it's called a "freesmotor" here in belgium, so i could look around a bit further.
i'm off from work for this week, so i'd like to start the build, guess we are all a bit impatient.. :)

i've been thinking about the tilting, would be nice to be able to do that though.. :s

on the other hand, if i use the type you proposed i have to make the "base" first before i can start routing out the parts for the portable table saw, no?

i found one online i think, it's a lower wattage (don't know if that matters) and it doesn't come with the different head's like the bosch does though..

https://www.toolmax.nl/kress-freesmotoren-type-530-fm-p-14717.html

Suso

Post by Suso » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:56 am

yes, you can start with the base..
In Belgium it has to be very easy to get the router, I bought it here, and I'm further away than you!