question about electricity

Discuss topics related to the Portable Workshop
soyaLunik

Post by soyaLunik » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:40 pm

hi from France
i bought the plans for the portable workshop, and i did it , i hav no question about wood , to finish the project and take picture of it , i need some help about electricity ,
i tried to do like your videos about connections between the stop emergency and the the plug.. nothing happen ..
please if somebody can show me the connection , i 'll appreciate . thanks
sorry my english is like my knowledge on my electricity , not enough

Suso

Post by Suso » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:25 pm

hi Lionel,

with that photo it is difficult to know if it is well connected.

It's better to use two separate sockets, one sockets for the circular saw and one multi sockets for the other power tools.

however keep in mind that if you have the switch "on" and you press the emergency, when you re-opening the emergency the tool that you have plugged(circular saw) it will turn on and this can be dangerous.

To avoid this you should install a relay, although this is a bit more complicated.

Con esa foto es difícil saber si está bien conectado.

mejor usar dos enchufes independientes, un enchufe solo para la circular y una regleta para el resto de herramientas.

de todas formas, con este esquema ten en cuenta que si tienes el interruptor accionado y pulsas la emergencia, al volver a abrir la emergencia la herramienta que tengas enchufada se accionará, esto puede ser peligroso. Para evitarlo deberías instalar un relé, aunque esto ya es un poco mas complicado.

soyaLunik

Post by soyaLunik » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:24 pm

oh
thanks a lot
i 'll try to do this tomorow and i 'll give you a reply :-)
i think, i forget to buy the second plug for circular saw ,

ps: your work is awesome, i wish have a garage as big as yours.
I discovered woodwork not long ago, and when i saw your videos, oh my god , a passion is born !!
i love the woodwork, and my kids do school at home (pedagogy montessori), and now it's possible to do all the things they need .
now i want more time to do this .
i wish the hours to pass slower
have a nice day or night .thanks

Suso

Post by Suso » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:57 am

thank you for your kind words! send me pics when you finish the Portable...