Woodworking Lathe Accessories - New Video

Discuss topics related to the Lathe & Sanding Station
Suso

Woodworking Lathe Accessories - New Video

Post by Suso » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:38 pm

I've posted a new video on my Youtube channel to show you all of the accessories I've made for my homemade over the past few years. In this short summary you can see some of them, such as the chisel sharpening jig, a disc sander, a belt sander and a thickness sander.

Suso

Re: Woodworking Lathe Accessories - New Video

Post by Suso » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:40 pm

Another summary video, less than 1 minute long. This one is about the grinding wheel for my homemade lathe. I made it with a simple but ingenious system which lets me sharpen chisels with sandpaper roll. I only have to cut the sandpaper to size and place it on the wheel.

To install the sandpaper, I use a bolt on which I've made a groove where I'll put the sandpaper. By turning it, I can tighten the sandpaper enough to sharpen woodturning chisels. Using the tool rest, but changing its base, this wheel can also sharpen common chisels.

Suso

Post by Suso » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:41 pm

Another summary video, less than 1 minute long. This one is about the knife sharpening system for my homemade lathe. I took the famous Tormek sharpening system as an inspiration to make this sharpening jig, it's perfect for sharpening knifes more safely and accurately.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:05 pm

A short clip from the latest video in my Youtube channel, where you can see me make a handle for a new rasp I have in my workshop.

Alotcer

Post by Alotcer » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:46 am

good video, following your youtube ID

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:21 pm

Another summary video to show you how to use the belt sander and the thickness sander which I made back then to get the most out of my homemade lathe.