Suso

Re: Modular Workbench & Mobile Tool Stand

Post by Suso » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:50 am

hello Sägebär,
I look forward to seeing your benches!

Sägebär

Post by Sägebär » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:58 am

Time flies by... so at least one quick picture of the bench. It will probably get some drawers and a twin as soon as I've moved from my current room (only 3.5 x 2.7 meters) to a much bigger (around 25 m2). The gear vice you presented is much too expensive (nevertheless good for YT as being very impressive :) ). I've put in a slightly big standard vice giving me the opportunity to cover the complete 60 cm.

Cheers

Sägebär

Suso

Post by Suso » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:56 am

nice bench Sägebär! thanks for sharing the photo. I look forward to seeing more photos when you finish the bench.

Superbra

Post by Superbra » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:36 pm

Hi Suso,
I'm thinking about mixing some of your projects. I'd like to make 4 modules of equal size that can be combined like your modular workbench. They would be a table saw module, router table module, reverse jig saw module and a drill press module (with wabeco drill stand). By moving and coupling the modules, this should give endless possibilities. The one thing I'm struggling with is how to connect the modules in a fast and simple way. It should be possible to change in a couple of minutes, preferably without tools.
What do you think about the idea?

Suso

Post by Suso » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:20 am

hello mate,
I like the idea, it is even something I thought about a long time ago. The most difficult thing will be to solve the problem you mention, how to connect the modules in a quickly and comfortably way.
The system of my modular workbench is quite effective to connect two modules, but it is a bit complicated to connect four. I hope you find a quick and effective method, I wish I could see it!