Mobile Workbench with Table Saw & Router Table

Discuss topics related to the Mobile Workbench
jvdheuvel

Re: Mobile Workbench with Table Saw & Router Table

Post by jvdheuvel » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:13 am

In the plans, in the document "Pieces.pdf" the first page it says Piece 1 is 238,04mm in total.
However, when I calculate the different sub-sizes, the total length is way more as the total length of piece 1.

Looking at the drawing, It seems to be symmetrical, so the right part of the piece will be the same length as the left side of the piece, thus 714,5mm

In total, the piece should have a total length of 714,50 + 326,00 + 714,50 = 1755,00 mm.
Is this correct?

Please let me know.

Suso

Post by Suso » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:03 pm

hi mate,

for some reason the program that I use to make those presentations took that measure wrong, thank you for letting me know.
I have already corrected it, you can re-download the plans from your user account on the website!
Let me know if you find more mistakes.

Suso

Post by Suso » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:15 pm

I've finally managed to finish my new workbench with a table saw & router table. I've just posted the last video in my Youtube channel.

Letibe

Post by Letibe » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:30 pm

Hello I’ve just bought your plans but I’ve a question…. They seem very well done! I’m happy.

Will this work with my new DWE7492?

And I can only find in my part of France plywood of poplar…and the dimensions are 122x244. or 122x250. Will poplar be strong enough?

Happy new year

Suso

Post by Suso » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:33 am

hi Letibe,
the plans are designed for that bench saw, have you checked the instructions?

poplar plywood is not as hard as birch, but if you can't find birch plywood, poplar may work.

Suso

Post by Suso » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:24 pm

I've edited this short video to show off the storage capacity of my new workbench. Under the router I installed a couple of drawers that slide on some grooves I made on the sides of the cabinet. This way I'll be able to keep my bits and accessories handy all the time. The advantage of making drawers like this without slides is that I can remove them from the workbench and carry them around the workshop, besides saving weight and money by not buying the slides. Logically, they don't open as smoothly as if I had used drawer slides, but it's a matter of priorities. It's easy to install some slides if you prefer. Full video on my Youtube channel.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:39 pm

I've edited this short video to show off how I made the drawers for my new DIY mobile workbench. I used my old drawer assembly jig, wood glue and some screws. It's a simple and quick method to assemble drawers!

Arrjo

Post by Arrjo » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:02 am

G'day Suso! Firstly, I love your work - It's inspired me to buy your plans for my DeWalt DWE7491-XE (Thankfully the dimensions are practically identical) :-)

I've just purchased all of the equipment & fasteners via AliExpress (heaps cheaper if you don't mind the delay in shipping) and am now at the point of purchasing the timber (where all the savings I made on fasteners are quickly disappearing ;-)

For Piece 36 (lower shelf), it's listed in the cutting list & the pieces document as being 15mm thick, but the rebate suggests an 18mm thickness (unless there is a lip?). Also Pieces.pdf mentions '18mm Hard Plywood x2' which isn't reflected in the cutting list.

Again, thanks for the awesome design - I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it soon!

RJ

Suso

Post by Suso » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:41 am

hi Arrjo:

I did it that way to use the rest of the board that is needed for the drawers, but it can be made of 18mm thick board.

I don't understand the second question, can you put a screenshot?

Arrjo

Post by Arrjo » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:16 am

Ahh that makes sense 👍

My apologies if I have misunderstood your plans - I was making sure I wasn't missing any pieces when ordering the plywood and I saw 1 x 15mm & 2 x 18mm which I could not match to the cut list.

Again, thank-you for your design & assistance!