DIY Table Saw Sled

Discuss topics related to the Mobile Workbench
teodor_ch

Re: DIY Table Saw Sled

Post by teodor_ch » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:32 pm

Hi!

I started making the sled today.
In the video you added a 9mm piece to Piece S2 which you don't show in the plans. Is this right?
Also, the position of the first holes you drill in the Piece S1 are shown in the pdf plans only in one side.
I opened the Sketchup files and found the positions of the holes for the other side.

I just mention this so you can updated your plans for other buyers :)

I will keep posting here (or if you prefer another way please let me know) of any problems I find.

Thank you for your work :)

Suso

Post by Suso » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:32 am

hi Teodor,

the plans have been updated weeks ago, when have you downloaded them? You can download them on www.paoson.com by logging in with your account name. Please take a look at secction 2. How do I download my Plans? in my FAQ:

Send me some photo of your progress with the sled please!

teodor_ch

Post by teodor_ch » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:49 pm

Hi!

You are right! :)
I have already bought the plans for the whole workbench and I thought I should make the sled first to help me for the cuts.
I downloaded the files on november if I remember correctly and this is why the sled details were missing.

I will upload pictures when I find time to continue this project.
No it's only the 3 pieces!

Thank you

Bosco

Post by Bosco » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:44 pm

Suso wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:05 pm
Just like with the sliding carriage, with the table saw sled I can also use an attachment so that I can extend the miter track stop and cut larger workpieces. This attachment is reversible and can be used both on the left and on the right of the profile fence. I can also use the larger one I made some days ago for the sliding carriage.

hey Suso; where can I buy the aluminum profile fence as used in the crosscut sled? I can't find it here in the U.S. Do you have an online source? Is it metric?

Suso

Post by Suso » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:19 am

hi Bosco,
it comes from China but sometimes you can also buy it on Amazon. Check this out:

HerrLux

Post by HerrLux » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:22 pm

Hi Suso,
I'm wondering what the benefits of your (or any) sled are if one already built your workbench with table saw including the sliding carriage?

Suso

Post by Suso » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:43 pm

hi HerrLux,
if you don't have the sliding carriage right next to the blade, it's interesting for cutting small pieces as in this case, or to use as box joint jig as in this case. If the carriage is right next to the blade, the sled is not essential.