Yellow or grey T-track profile?

Discuss topics related to the Mobile Workbench
jvdheuvel

Yellow or grey T-track profile?

Post by jvdheuvel » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:54 pm

Just a quick question: At the front of the workbench there is also a yellow T-track or mitertrack.
What is this exactly? What width does this have? I'm guessing this is also a T-track for using clamps etc.?
Because it has the same color as the miter tracks on top of the Workbench underneath the saw sliding carriage, that's why I'm a bit confused.

Please let me know if this is the same type as all the T-tracks you use on the side folding table, at the saw sliding carriage and near the router table for the router fence (only the one at the front only has another color).

Suso

Re: Yellow or grey T-track profile?

Post by Suso » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:26 pm

hi again mate, that profile is to hold pieces in this way. It is not essential to install it:

Has the same channel as the gray one but it's higher, that's why I used the gray one for the bench tops.

Here you can see the difference between both profiles:

jvdheuvel

Re: Yellow or grey T-track profile?

Post by jvdheuvel » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:44 pm

Ah ok.... So both are T-tracks, only not of the same height....

I will be using all of the same T-track and I think it will be a nice feature to be able to clamp pieces to the side and front of the workbench as well.
I'm even thinking about the same track at the front right side (routing table) of the workbench, as well as the 20mm holes from top to bottom. Then also larger pieces can be clamped to work on.

Since it will not be possible to install a large vise, that can be the solution I have been looking for.

I'm beginning to appreciate your design more and more ;)

Keep up the good work :!: :!: