DIY Zero Clearance and Dado Blades for the Table Saw

Discuss topics related to the Mobile Workbench
Suso

DIY Zero Clearance and Dado Blades for the Table Saw

Post by Suso » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:25 pm

I've made a new video to show you how to make a zero clearance table saw insert. In this video I will also talk about the types of blades I use with my table saw, like the Dado blade.

Suso

Re: DIY Zero Clearance and Dado Blades for the Table Saw

Post by Suso » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:54 pm

A clip from my latest video on YouTube where I explain the reason why I decided to make some new zero clearance inserts for the Dewalt bench table saw. The main problem with this insert is the cut in the back that lets us use a riving knife. It makes the insert very unstable and difficult to leave it even with the rest of the worktable. It seems as if both parts of the insert were independent and didn't belong to the same part.

Suso

Post by Suso » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:30 pm

Another short video showcasing how I made the new inserts for the table saw. I made an MDF template to use as a reference to build the new zero clearance inserts. I've also had to trim the riving knife a little in order to use these kinds of inserts.

Suso

Post by Suso » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:31 pm

How to use an MDF template and a flush trim router bit to make new inserts for a bench table saw. I've made a few cuts on a piece of chipboard with melamine to see the difference. As you can see, the cut is cleaner when using the new zero clearance inserts I made.

Aus

Post by Aus » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:30 am

Thank you for the information.