How to add extra depth to the worktable of the dewalt saw

Discuss topics related to the Mobile Workbench
Suso

How to add extra depth to the worktable of the dewalt saw

Post by Suso » Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:38 am

Project made by Otis Wheeler. He wrote me this:

I pulled all components off for the fence system. I bought a 3/8" steel rod and cut it to 660mm and threaded the ends for the knob and gear system. I drilled holes at the same distance from the end of the original bar and transferred those measurements to the new bar for the straight (stop) pins. I placed the e clamps on the inside edge so the bar wouldn't travel back and forth.

For the locking system, I welded a small rod at the end and grounded it down to match the original diameter and used aluminum spacers inside my new wood extension so that the rod wouldn't rub and get caught on the wood. The fence is 558mm with a 76mm x 25mm box routed in the middle of it.

I'm cleaning up all the rough cuts today and I should have a perfect working (it's working perfect now but I like clean lines) model by the end of the week... I'm putting this together between work and beer so my time is regulated... also I do all of mine in imperial measurements, I have changed them to metric for this conversation, so forgive me if they are off by a 32nd of an inch.

Suso

Re: How to add extra depth to the worktable of the dewalt saw

Post by Suso » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:12 am

Daniel Lisa

Re: How to add extra depth to the worktable of the dewalt saw

Post by Daniel Lisa » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:06 am

Nice post