Trim Compact Router Table

Discuss topics related to the Folding Woodworking Workstation
Suso

Trim Compact Router Table

Post by Suso » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:32 pm

I've just uploaded the second video about my new folding woodworking workstation. This is a short summary where you can see some of the features of the router table. It's halfway between a trim router table and one of the larger ones. When removing it from the foldable stand, I can use it everywhere else in the workshop.

Suso

Re: Trim Compact Router Table

Post by Suso » Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:30 pm

This is a short summary where you can see some of the features of the trim router table that I've made to use with the folding base. I've used an insert plate that comes with a plunge base for routers that are 65mm in diameter. This insert is lightweight, fairly precise, and being able to lift and lower the router from the top is a point in its favor.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:44 pm

In this clip from my latest video you can see how I've cut part of the side and back pieces of the router table to reduce its total weight. At the end of the clip you can see the system I came up with to attach it to the folding stand in a quick and convenient way.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:25 pm

A short video where you can see all the steps I've followed to install the router insert plate on my new compact router table. I've used the jigsaw, an adjustable router template and a flush trim bit.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:59 pm

I've edited together this video to show you the system I've used to hold the jobsite saw to my new folding stand. I've used four bolts and some nuts that allow me to level the saw with the two outer modules in a fairly quick and precise way.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:29 pm

Here you can see how I made the three prong knobs to use with my new folding woodworking workstation. I've used black tinted MDF and a hex bolt. They are quite comfortable and allow more than enough pressure to be exerted.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:16 pm

Small clip of my latest video, where you can see some of the accessories I can use and various kinds of router jobs I can do with my new trim router table. As you can see, this router table can be used with the portable table saw stand, or on its own, on top of a stand.

Cassandra

Post by Cassandra » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:31 pm

Is there any reason not to use a full-size router, rather than a trim router with this table? Thanks.

SergeyNaw

-

Post by SergeyNaw » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:15 pm

I used corian for a router table top still have it around somewhere I made the plate the router mounted to out of corian as well. I made it large enough to lift out with the router attached. No real problems with it. Fences had to be clamped rather than screwed down. I did away with the router table to save space and mounted a router base to the aux. table of my tablesaw.