DIY Assembly Table

Discuss topics related to the Folding Woodworking Workstation
Suso

DIY Assembly Table

Post by Suso » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:24 pm

I've just uploaded the third video about my new folding woodworking workstation. I'll be showing you how to make and use this versatile woodworking assembly table with a clamping system.

Lightweight, compact design for use with the foldable stand or on its own. It has two drawers where I can store all the accessories of the table.

Suso

Re: DIY Assembly Table

Post by Suso » Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:37 pm

By loosening two knobs I can move the assembly table back by about 15 cm and some of you have asked me the reason for this. I’ve designed it this way for three reasons.

Firstly, so that I can access the side of the table saw.

Secondly, because this saw also has a level on its side to attach and remove the riving knife.

And thirdly, because those 15 cm will be useful as I will have a bigger work surface.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:40 pm

This is a short summary where you can see some of the features of the assembly table that I've made to use with the folding base or on its own. The dovetail clamping system and the stops that I've made of wood allow me to hold all kinds of pieces in different ways.

Suso

Post by Suso » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:54 pm

This is a short summary where you can see the assembly table drawers. They slide along some grooves cut into the board itself, saving money and weight on drawer slides. In the top drawer, I put the wrenches that let me change saw blades, as well as the zero clearance inserts. I use the bottom drawer to store dovetail clamps and some wooden stops.

chrisppanda

Post by chrisppanda » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:19 pm

How did you make the little rubber feet that slide into the dovetail grooves?

Suso

Post by Suso » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:50 am

hi mate, check this out:

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:17 pm

This is a short summary where you can see how I made the tops of the assembly table I built a few weeks ago. I've used the dado stack to remove as much material as possible in order to make the job easier for the router bit. To finish the job I used the folding workbench's router table and a dovetail bit.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:17 pm

I've edited together this video to show you how to make the stops to use with the assembly table and the Matchfit system. I've used maple wood, the table saw and the router table. These stops will come in handy to support wooden workpieces on the side top, and also to cut and plane their surfaces. I'll also be able to use the stops on the top table in a similar way. Another possible application of this assembly table is joining pieces together with screws.