Table Saw Folding Outfeed Table & CrossCut Sled

Discuss topics related to the Folding Woodworking Workstation
Suso

Table Saw Folding Outfeed Table & CrossCut Sled

Post by Suso » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:25 pm

I've just uploaded the fourth video about my new folding woodworking workstation. I'll be showing you how to use and make this clever folding outfeed table to use with the workstation. Apart from everything you can see in this video summary, this folding outfeed table has many more functions you can see in the full video.

Suso

Re: Table Saw Folding Outfeed Table

Post by Suso » Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:07 pm

In this short video you can see the system I've used as rotation axis for my new table saw folding outfeed table. I've used a flat head bolt, a locking nut, some washers and a piece of steel pipe. I think this is a simple system, but it's fairly firm and effective.

Suso

Re: Table Saw Folding Outfeed Table

Post by Suso » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:35 pm

I've edited together this video to show you how I made the frame and legs for my new table saw folding outfeed table. I've used hard birch plywood and a Dado stack set mounted on the jobsite saw itself.

Suso

Re: Table Saw Folding Outfeed Table & CrossCut Sled

Post by Suso » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:03 pm

I've just uploaded the fifth video about my new folding woodworking workstation. This is a short summary where you can see some of the features of the folding outfeed table with built-in crosscut sled. This sled can be flipped so that you can store it on top of the outfeed table itself.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:35 pm

This is a short summary where you can see the system I've developed to hold the table saw sled to the outfeed table frame. I've used two pieces of a steel rod. I also fastened two small bits of plywood with screws to the back of the sled. These parts are inserted below the front piece of the outfeed table and help keep the sled in place. I can also store the crosscut sled attached to the outfeed table once folded.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:13 pm

I made a fence extension so that I can extend the track stop and cut longer workpieces with my new table saw sled. In these cases, the wooden stops I made for use with the assembly table will come in handy. By loosening a couple of bolts, I can use this extension on both ends of the sled. I have in mind to make a longer fence extension so that I can cut larger workpieces.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:15 pm

In this video you can see some of the options offered by my new table saw sled to hold workpieces. I can use the assembly table's dovetail clamps in this sled, they'll be very helpful in order to cut large workpieces safely, or workpieces with irregular shapes. In the sleds fence I can also use hold down clamps to hold workpieces vertically.

spidervest

Post by spidervest » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:42 pm

Great job, Suso! Looking forward to checking out your new folding outfeed table and crosscut sled in the video. Thanks for sharing your woodworking tips and tricks.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:36 pm

I've designed my new table saw sled so that it can be used with a standard blade as well as with a dado stack. I only have to change the slider and the adjustable inserts of the sled. It was a little challenging to design this system, but it was worth it, and it will be very useful when cutting channels or tenons with this bench saw.

Suso

Post by Suso » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:01 pm

I've edited together this video to show you how I made my new table saw sled. First I cut the grooves in order to insert the sliders so that we can use the dovetail clamps. After that, I built the back part and machined the sled's aluminum profile.