3d follower plans...?

Discuss topics related to the 3D Router & the X-Motion Portable Mortiser
javalin

3d follower plans...?

Post by javalin » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:18 pm

hi all,

I don't seem to have detailed plans for the 3d follower in my zip file, I can see what I am trying to achieve from the video's and the cut list pdf files. Ideally something like the detail provided in the "3d router exploded.pdf" file would be great? Perhaps a follower and fence exploded document? There are also some differences in the demo video and the step 8 how-to-make video

thanks,
James

Suso

Re: 3d follower plans...?

Post by Suso » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:20 pm

hello James,

you'll find all the followers details inside the folders called "cutting list" and "Followers-Center-Fence"
You have to specify what are the differences that you found in "video 8"

javalin

Post by javalin » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:35 pm

Hi Suso

So the followers.pdf doesn't have dimensions in it, bolt sizes, etc - ideally I'd like to see a pdf for the follower and the fence which shows the same type of detail as the "3d router exploded.pdf" which I've mostly made my machine using.

Also to note that not all pieces of the machine are in the "3d router exploded.pdf" document, I've managed to guess what should be cut where etc, but its not the ideal if you are using plans.

thanks
James

Suso

Post by Suso » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:35 pm

hello again James,

if you follow the path "Followers-Center-Fence/3D Follower/PDF Plans/3D Follower" you'll find all the necessary hardware and its measurements, you will also see the reference number of each piece.
With that reference number, you can go to the path "cutting list/followers" and check the measurements of each piece.

Also following the path "Followers-Center-Fence/3D Follower/PDF Plans/3D Follower Printable Template" you can see the measurements, and you can print that Pdf to glue on the plywood board and cut it.

I think that the easiest way to make these tools is to cut all the pieces guiding you through the cutting list, mark each piece with its reference, and then make the necessary cuts or holes to the pieces that require it.

It is also helpful to install the program SketchUp, will allow you understand the model better, make modifications in the design or check measurements.

let me know if you still have problems

javalin

Post by javalin » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:10 pm

Hi

thanks for the reply, found it now. Couldn't see it before!

James