Some dimension problems

Discuss topics related to the 3D Router & the X-Motion Portable Mortiser
markku

Some dimension problems

Post by markku » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:06 pm

I did some checks before going to our plywood store.

You seem to have the same plywood sheet size we have here (2440 x 1220). The sample cutting list image does not match the sheet size (using 3 mm blade). The sheet should be 75 mm longer (i.e. 2515 mm). So I believe you have had an error in the sheet dimensions. To sum up: 740+704+700+102+150+104 = 2500 mm. Add 5 x 3mm and you have the 2515 mm.

What I tried to do was install MaxCut and re-optimize the cutting but that resulted in a bit uglier cutting layout but I suppose I can figure out the cuttings from there.

Another notion: I have not succeeded in find a steel L-profile with thickness 1 mm anywhere. The thinnest I have found is 1,5 mm and the easiest-to find is 2 mm. So I suppose I will have to use that and make some changes in the dimensions.

Suso

Some dimension problems

Post by Suso » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:57 am

Hi,

The plywood sheet size is 2500x1250mm. You can see in the sample image of Maxcut, check the project folder "Cutting list/MaxCut". In this folder you have a Maxcut file to open, you can take a look at this if you have questions:

Maxcut Tutorial

There's no problem if you use 1.5mm or 2mm L profile, for this little difference you don't need modify the plans. Take a look at this Video example . In the plans I specified what holes you can apply this modification.

Send me pics when you finish, please!.

markku

Some dimension problems

Post by markku » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:48 am

Okay, thanks I only had a look at the list on the instructables.com site (which says we need a 2440 x 1220 sheet). The MaxCut software looked good enough to start using it. The one thing I would recommend everybody to have a look at is the true saw blade width or actually the "kerf" it produces. Mine is specified as 3 mm but it produces a ~3,3 mm kerf. Or (3.3 mm if you do not understand the European decimal comma :) )

Starting the project within a few weeks, my web/IT projects permitting!

Thanks again. Now I will not have any problems using my leisure time :)

Suso

Some dimension problems

Post by Suso » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:05 am

sorry about that! I changed the intructables article. I wish you luck with your project!