Fasteners List

Discuss topics related to the 3D Router & the X-Motion Portable Mortiser
Ram

Fasteners List

Post by Ram » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:17 pm

Hi Suso

First of all let me congratulate you for this fantastic site!

Now I would like to ask you the following, in the 3D Router Fasteners PDF are the items and quantities correct?

Example: it doesn't appear any nylon insert lock...

Best Regards
Augusto

Suso

Fasteners List

Post by Suso » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:13 pm

hi Ram,

I think I have not used any nylon insert lock, or so I think!
normal nuts will serve you.
You could also bu 16 M8 lock nuts for the bearings, both systems are valid.

Ram

Fasteners List

Post by Ram » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:04 pm

I saw it in this photo...

Imagenylon by Augusto Ramoa, no Flickr

Suso

Fasteners List

Post by Suso » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:12 pm

you´re right, in that place you could also use a lock nut.

Fortius

Fasteners List

Post by Fortius » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:46 pm

Hello Suso
I thank you for your replies. I have been shopping material for this 3d router and I imagine where is needed allen round heads, carriages, wings, tee nuts, internal and external washers ? What kind of sizes and mounts?

Suso

Fasteners List

Post by Suso » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:07 pm

Hello Fortius,
If you open the folder "Pdf plans/3D Router Exploded" you will find a pdf with several sheets where I indicated what type and how long of screw it is necessary for each hole.
Keep in mind that some screw can be exchanged for others that you have at home!

Fortius

Fasteners List

Post by Fortius » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:46 pm

Hello Suso

I have been trying many times to find in router pdf exploded pictures accessories like allen round head, carriage, tees, internal teeth and external teeth, but without success. I would like to know the sizes and mounts and where they are needed. Maybe I am missing some pages.

With best regards Fortius

Suso

Fasteners List

Post by Suso » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:15 pm

hi Fortuis,.
first you need to open the file "Fasteners List" to check how many screws you need in each type, then you need to open the file "Fasteners-Cheat-Sheet" where you will see each type of screw.
And finally if you open the file "Pdf plans/3D Router Exploded" you know where to use each type of screw.
Keep in mind that you do not need all the types of hardware and screws that you see in the file "Fasteners-Cheat-Sheet"

Fortius

Fasteners List

Post by Fortius » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:32 am

Hi Suso

Thanks, the last sentence solved the problem.

Les A Toothaker

Fasteners List

Post by Les A Toothaker » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:08 am

Hello,

First, I must say I am excited to start working on my 3d router! I love the simplicity of it's design. I do have a few questions, first, I noticed that there seems to be no notation of the location of the whole for the tool mount. I see the size of the piece of wood and the size of the whole but no notation about how far from the outside edges to the the edge of the whole or from outside edge to the center of whole? I can see that the whole is not centered in this design. Is the position of the whole not critical? Is it just a matter of personal choice? I have also not been able to find any notation on placement or where to start other whole's or slots?
Next, I seem to be unable to locate any notation on what size and type of screws you use to assemble the wooden parts. This may also be a matter of personal choice, but I am curious to know what you used, drywall screws? wood screws? and their lengths? I hope these questions are not "stupid" as I just need this to work without any problems, I have a very limited budget and have become a stickler for details, at 56 years old I have found a renewed interest in woodworking thanks in large part to this build. I have not done any real woodworking since I was about 15! I also have limited space and this build will be perfect for my needs, thank you for any help!

Les