Fasteners List

Discuss topics related to the 3D Router & the X-Motion Portable Mortiser
Suso

Fasteners List

Post by Suso » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi Les,
Do you mean the hole for the router and drill?
If you look at the 3d router from the front, this hole is centered on part number 34. If you look at the 3d router from above, it isslightly forward so that the router can fit. So this measurement depends on the router you are going to use.

Back when I made these plans I still didn't indicate the number of wood screws needed, sorry about that. You can easily find this information by installing SketchUp. When you open the files and click on a wood screw, it will tell you the length of the screw and you will be able to count how many of each measurement you need. If you install the program, you can easily also find an answer to your first question.

Les A Toothaker

Fasteners List

Post by Les A Toothaker » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:46 pm

Hello Suso,

Thank you for your quick reply, yes I see where the answers are now, I also found the answer to my other question as well. But in addition, the email notice I received about your reply was in Spanish and I inadvertently clicked on the link to "unsubscribe" I don't want to unsubscribe, can I be added back to this tread? Also, can future notices in emails be in English? Thank you!

Les

Suso

Fasteners List

Post by Suso » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:53 am

hi again Les,
I think that when you re-post you re-subscribe, let me know if it works.

plau

Fasteners List

Post by plau » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:32 pm

Hola Suso!

Si bien es cierto que están las cantidades y las medidas de todos los tornillos, tuercas, pernos y demás, estoy teniéndola difícil acá en México con la denominación milimétrica, ya que acá todo lo manejan en pulgadas. Así que fui a la ferretería y al pedir tornillos de 4x50 se me quedaron viendo largo rato, y después de intercambiar información y opiniones según me dicen, creen que el equivalente acá serían los tornillos #8 de 2 in. ¿Tendrás alguna idea de dónde puedo encontrar alguna tabla de equivalencias de ambas denominaciones? Te pregunto porque he estado buscando y hasta el momento no he podido encontrar ninguna. Lo mismo para la nomenclatura M3, M6, M8 que manejas.

Saludos y gracias de antemano =)

Suso

Fasteners List

Post by Suso » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:48 pm

hola Laura!
aquí encontrarás información para convertir tornillos para madera:
Como puedes ver, el de 4x50mm es efectivamente de 8x2"
y aquí donde pone "fastener conversion chart"para tornillo métrica:
por ejemplo el de M10 es de 3/8-16

Si llevas estas tablas y el fasteners list de los planos, en la ferretería deberían asesorarte y ayudarte.

plau

Fasteners List

Post by plau » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:24 pm

Mil gracias Suso! Me has salvado la vida =) Espero pronto tener avances y enviar algunas imágenes.