Dorel`s router

Discuss topics related to the 3D Router & the X-Motion Portable Mortiser
Woodchuck

Dorel`s router

Post by Woodchuck » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:08 am

wrote:Good work! I am very happy that everything will go ok, continues to update your progress

What I`m intending but I do not know if it`s necesarry is to cover the working plate with a sheet of aluminium composite panel.
What is your opinion ?
Dorel

Suso

Dorel`s router

Post by Suso » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:33 pm

I think the bearings are ok. Please, send pics if you can.

What do you mean with "working plate" If you are talking about the part number 1, it is not necesary but alluminium will last longer, of course.

Woodchuck

Dorel`s router

Post by Woodchuck » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:04 am

Working on the sliding. Bearings are OK. The inner hole is 5 mm. The main problem is that the alignment should be very precise. Less tha0.1-0.2 mm.
Wish me luck.

Dorel.

Woodchuck

Dorel`s router

Post by Woodchuck » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:10 am

It`s perfect. With accurate measurement for drilling it`s working amazing. Did not expect such precision and no space dor adjustment. Just a 5 mm hole.
I`m happy as a child and continuing working on Z axis.
One problem . You should mount the slides before attach Y axis slide.

Dorel

Woodchuck

Dorel`s router

Post by Woodchuck » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:36 am

Dear Suso and dear friends,

I`m almost ready assembling the router. Little adjustments and alignments, some small preparatios for paiting etc.
This morning while looking how to make it easier and how to check more precise the angles I obesrve something.
Without the sliding rails (part 13 and 14) as you can see in the following picture

the Y axis can be rotate up to a angle ~ 41 degrees as shown.

For special jobs to use the router at 45 degrees can be useful. I`m thinking the use of this facility will be use only at the lowest point when sliding on part 17.

The angle is limited by the contact between pat 15 and part 12.

Milling horizontally at the contact point a rail 700/20/10 mm on part 12 centered on the line of contact will allow to have a 45 degrees angle. The remaining item is to find a solution to lock the assembly in this position .

Waiting for your opinion. Should strong vibrations be expected ? Anyway I will test it very soon.

The router is in stage of construction and the parts are not polished yet. The pictures may show some rough surfaces. I was eager to see how the bearings are working and everything is more than perfect.

Waiting for yours reply

Dorel Lupu

Panelli

Dorel`s router

Post by Panelli » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:07 pm

Great work Dorel!
I like the bearing setup.

Pls look at the distances with Z at 45 degrees. The router bit is going to be far from the bed. Will the Z mounting plate touch the bed before the router bit?
Nello

Woodchuck

Dorel`s router

Post by Woodchuck » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:43 pm

wrote:Great work Dorel!

Pls look at the distances with Z at 45 degrees. The router bit is going to be far from the bed. Will the Z mounting plate touch the bed before the router bit?
Nello

U are wright ! It might be a space. As I said it will be used for special jobs. In that case you can put a o piece of wood or something else to have a higher level . You adjust from the bottom to top. Tomorrow I will check this aftes assembling the X axis Also we can make the mill a little bit long on part 9 30 mm more

Dorel.

Suso

Dorel`s router

Post by Suso » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:25 pm

If you are going to make tilted jobs it can be a good solution and you won't loose anyting trying it cause if it does not work you can always go back and put the 13 and 14 parts back in place.

As Panelli already said, you'll have to raise the bed.

Nice idea the melamine board, keep the good working!

Woodchuck

Dorel`s router

Post by Woodchuck » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:00 pm

Almost ready for the final touch. Tomorrow I will dismount all parts, polishing, final touch and paint. Also rulers and other stuff to be mounted after painting. Awaiting the spindle motor and the rulers from Kress.
New pictures on
https://dorellupurouter.shutterfly.com/pictures/33
Nice evening to everybody.

Dorel

Woodchuck

Dorel`s router

Post by Woodchuck » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:02 pm

wrote:Great work Dorel!

Nello

Dear Nello

I can work. With little adjustments. Right now I`m trying to finish as in the plans. Maybe when I will make the final assembly after painting I will try . I will keep you informed.