Ask me about Homemade Router and Saw Table.

Discuss topics related to the Router & Saw Table
Suso

Post by Suso » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:16 pm

Hello Jerome, yes, you can use a T track for the fence, you should change a bit the design, two systems are perfectly valid and I do not think one is better than the other, the only difference is that the system that I used is cheaper!

Jerome

Post by Jerome » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:40 pm

Thank you for your quick answer.
No slack risk with the wood sliding system overtime?
A track on one side is enough to keep orthogonality (or parallel to the blade) of the fence?
Im a beginer in woodworking and Im under tropical weather. There is a lot I don't know so I ask question to evaluate all the risks. Because of ignorance some of my worries mayby are not justify.

Jerome.

Suso

Post by Suso » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:16 pm

With the system I've used, have no risk of backlash or slack, the cut was well squaring at the first! anyway, it can be corrected by modifying the cuts on the fence parts.
To use the fence on the router, I put a clamping jack at the other end, for saw I do not need!

Jerome

Post by Jerome » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:25 pm

Thank you for all your informations.

Jerome.

omare4

Post by omare4 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:50 pm

hola Paoson.:
pregunto los planos para imprimir en escala real hay solo tres que serian 2D 3D yel del circulo seguidor pregunto no hay otros planos? y se puede hacer la maquina mas chica ya que no dispongo de mucho espacio desde ya muchas gracias

omare4

Post by omare4 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:54 pm

perdon anteriormente quise decir si solo hay esos tres planos o hay algun otro para imprimir en escala real

omare4

Post by omare4 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:24 am

se puede hacer el router 3D en MDF

Suso

Post by Suso » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:27 pm

Hola compañero, puedes hacer la máquina del tamaño deseado, pero tendrás que modificar los planos, claro, deberías reducir los ejes X e Y, dejando el Z tal cual.
No te aconsejo MDF para su construcción, muchas partes necesitas de mucha resistencia, que ese material no te va ofrecer, además, como es poco el material, es poco lo que cuesta de más el contrachapado de abedul...no vale la pena arriesgarse y el resultado final será mucho mejor.
Necesitas más planos a escala real? como lo habitual es no pasar de un A4, no hice más presentaciones a escala real, voy a realizar otras e incluirlas en el archivo, vuelve a descargar el archivo el lunes, y las encontrarás, un saludo.

omare4

Post by omare4 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:54 pm

Ok voy a esperar y el lunes lo vuelvo a bajar saludos y gracias por tu atencion

ejc6stringer

Post by ejc6stringer » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:31 pm

Paoson,

I am so impressed with the router and hope to build it myself. I was curious how well it works to route body binding channels for carved top guitars like the Les Paul. Would you remove the spring to do something like that?

Thanks!

-Eric