Ask me about Homemade Router and Saw Table.

Discuss topics related to the Router & Saw Table
Suso

Post by Suso » Thu May 28, 2015 3:10 pm

Ask me about Homemade router and saw table.

More info on Blog

tomasgursky

Post by tomasgursky » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:07 am

Hi there. I found your video on the YouTube and I can't tell how great this table is. I've been planning to build my own table for some time and I just couldn't justify what it should be there. I think your table is the answer. My question is about the format of the plans. Are they in Autocad only or in SketchUp too? I've got no access to Autocad and only using the SketchUp. If I purchased your plans would I be able to open and read them without Autocad?

Thanks for your reply.

Tomas

Suso

Post by Suso » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:48 pm

wrote:Hi there. I found your video on the YouTube and I can't tell how great this table is. I've been planning to build my own table for some time and I just couldn't justify what it should be there. I think your table is the answer. My question is about the format of the plans. Are they in Autocad only or in SketchUp too? I've got no access to Autocad and only using the SketchUp. If I purchased your plans would I be able to open and read them without Autocad?

Thanks for your reply.

Tomas

Hello Tomas, plans are designed for AutoCAD and Sketch up, two programs would be work, file its a 3D model of the Saw-Router table, which allows you to view the machine from any angle, disassemble it, reform it... also it contains print sheets with all measures in PDF .

tomasgursky

Post by tomasgursky » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:16 am

Hi Paoson,
I've purchased your plans and so far so good. I've just got a question regarding the fence.
From the pictures is not very clear how are the tightening knobs fit together with parts 20, 21 and 22. From what I can see there is an M8 screw, washer, knob, washer and bolt and then it goes through parts 22, 21 and 20. Is there a bolt on the other side of part 20? I just can't see from drawing how this would tighten to the top table.

Thanks for the answer :)

Suso

Post by Suso » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:58 pm

wrote:Hi Paoson,
I've purchased your plans and so far so good. I've just got a question regarding the fence.
From the pictures is not very clear how are the tightening knobs fit together with parts 20, 21 and 22. From what I can see there is an M8 screw, washer, knob, washer and bolt and then it goes through parts 22, 21 and 20. Is there a bolt on the other side of part 20? I just can't see from drawing how this would tighten to the top table.

Thanks for the answer :)

No Tomas, bolt on are in part 21, like this...

http://www.leroymerlin.es/fp/14939855/tuercas-de-embutir-m8x15mm
http://paoson.com/en/forum/15s/where-to-get-some-materials

Parts 20-21 are glued and screwed. You can see in this video:
https://youtu.be/mb43vFDioVs

Colsult the other videos for more information, and ask me your questions!

tomasgursky

Post by tomasgursky » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:15 pm

Ok. Got it. I was a bit confused as in the drawing it looks like the M8 bolt goes through all three parts. Thank you for explanation and link to the video. I should have checked that first :)

Also, I don't know if you have noticed but in drawings for SketchUp the size of the table is 12600mm x 10000mm (12.6m x 10m). I think it should read 1260mm x 1000mm (1.26m x 1m). So I had to downscale it to be 1:1 ration.

I will have to slightly amend the drawings as I can't get either 20mm nor 18mm sheet larger than 1220mm. So I will make the space on right hand side from the saw 40mm smaller.

Once is done I will definitely post the pictures. But it may take ages with my current workload (not wood related) :)

Thank you again for your support.

Tomas

Suso

Post by Suso » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:19 pm

Thanks friend, you´re right, and i downscale all sketch up files.
Here the plywood sheet have 2440x1220mm measure, are you shure it's not like there?

tomasgursky

Post by tomasgursky » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:13 am

I looked in my local hardware shop and all they offer of that thickness (18mm) is either 1220x1220mm or 1220x609mm. If I wanted 2440x1220 then the thickest one they have is 9mm only. I might be able to get 1inch plywood (25.4mm) from the packing company who works for us where I work which will be thicker and heavier.

Suso

Post by Suso » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:23 pm

You have to ask at other stores, or online, normal measures are what I said...
check this

http://one-stop-diy.co.uk/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=164

http://www.avontimber.co.uk/sheet-materials.html

Jerome

Post by Jerome » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:06 pm

Hi Paoson,

I very appreciate your table. I would like to build mine but for I don't have enough place. Whatever!
I watched your videos and I have a question about the track fence. You used a wood track on the table side and insert (tuercas de embutir). Can we use t-track on the table side for the fence?
Can u give me benefits and drawbacks of these two sliding system ? Which one is better ?
Thanks

Jerome.