Ask me about Homemade Router and Saw Table.

Discuss topics related to the Router & Saw Table
Suso

Post by Suso » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:27 pm

Hello Eric, with a template can be done without problem! In a few days I will edit a video showing how to do it! I have not tried yet router the binding, but also has to work...

ejc6stringer

Post by ejc6stringer » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:13 pm

Thanks! I'd be interested to know. The biggest issue with the Les Paul Body binding is the curve in the inner bottom horn. To do that right, the router needs to float along the z axis along with the contour of the carve top. I wasn't sure if removing the spring on your design would accomplish the same thing.

Suso

Post by Suso » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:20 pm

It's true, I've made some Les Paul, when I have more information I will share!

leandro_mpb

Post by leandro_mpb » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:29 am

Hola,
Me quedé impresionado por su mesa de trabajo. Tengo la intención de adquirir el proyecto. Pero tengo algunas dudas!

1) Redimenssionar es posible, de manera que la bancada pasa a través de una puerta con 75 cm de ancho? Como una mesa con ruedas!

2) Quiero saber el modelo de la makita que se utiliza para ver si puedo comprar aquí en Brasil , o uno que se puede utilizar.

Saludos desde Brasil . Un fuerte abrazo y gracias por escuchar Saludos desde Brasil . Un fuerte abrazo y gracias por escuchar.

Leandro Sanches Fonseca

Suso

Post by Suso » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:46 am

Hola compañero, puedes redimensionar los planos, pero vas a perder mesa de trabajo claro...como la tengo yo se desmonta fácilmente sacando unos pocos tornillos, por lo que si no la vas a mover habitualmente, igual te compensa dejarla tal cual y hacer eso.
La circular es una Makita 5603R
http://www.amazon.es/Makita-5603R-Sierra-circular-4-9/dp/B000NDB8NM

Spencer

Post by Spencer » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:33 am

Hi. I'm building this table for my father and will also be making the router eventually. I'm not a woodworker so will have a few questions.
With the plans: what type of joins are you using for the internals and the surface? and what is the purpose of the small pieces of wood on the underside of the table? (# 3 in Cabinet-Exploded.jpeg)

Thanks

Suso

Post by Suso » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:02 am

Hello Spencer, these small parts are just to attach the top to the body, you can see on the 0.30 minute into this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb43vFDioVs

I recommend you see all the videos for better understanding.
For joints, I use screws(4x50) and dowels, but it works only with screws, I have not used tail, if I need to disassemble, but you can use, thanks!

Spencer

Post by Spencer » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:15 am

I cant seem to make a decision on the finish for the table top. I have a hardwood ply. i'd like a clear finish which is low friction and durable. unfortunately i do not have the funds to test several methods. id like to stain the ply a little darker and have some kind of glossy finish. im thinking of 2 coats of clear primer, sanded down then a gel stain, then either a poly or laquer finish. although finding compatible products is kind of difficult. the paint shops advice contradicts most of the material i'm finding online. what finish can you recommend?

txsrangers

Post by txsrangers » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:26 am

Hello,
I just bought plans, and will start the table build soon with some modifications, such as adding a jointer using a hand jointer on the side, and sealing the router box to have a double suction from the fence and box.
Anyway, I'm curious as to whether you have any problems with kickback on the saw without the riving knife? I plan on using an old table saw with the top removed so I can have the up/down/angle controls, and I'm wondering if I should remove the riving knife.
Also, what did you use to square up your saw blade to your fence? I was wondering if I would need to add an adjustment to the fence in case it gets out of alignment with saw blade.
Thanks for your help.

Kevin