Ask me about Homemade Router and Saw Table.

Discuss topics related to the Router & Saw Table
Suso

Post by Suso » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:04 am

hi again!
but you are able to install the program?
You have followed all the steps that I show in this video/article?

gyspy

Post by gyspy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:05 am

Hello from Sweden. I am making a router and saw table from your plans and being a novice am confused concerning one point which is this.
When I invert the circular saw onto the table do I change the direction of the blade. Does the blade run down clockwise or anti clockwise.
Greetings. Roger.

Suso

Post by Suso » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:31 am

hi Roger,
the disc should rotate towards you, you can see it in this video

antcha

Post by antcha » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:10 am

Hi
I purchased the plans today for your tablesaw/router bench. In your mc3 file for MaxCut does it include the various board thicknesses? I am getting the wrong thickness for some panel boards. I have added my panel board sizes into MaxCut but this may be an error from that program. (I may be on top of this issue now)
Also, in the cutting list images I see that the pieces are numbered up to 40. However, I only see pieces numbered up to 17 on the images. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Tony

Suso

Post by Suso » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:17 am

hi Tom,

I think you're confused with the plans! :D
open the folder called "Maxcut" and in the name of the cutting list images you can see the thickness. You have to be able to see 5 cutting list images, and in those images all the pieces are numbered.

first thing we have to do once opened the Maxcut program is configure the boards we are going to use, so click in the "Input Items" Tab, then in the "Materials", "Sheet" and "Add New Sheet" Enter the name, the dimensions, the thickness and that's all.

have you read this article?

antcha

Post by antcha » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:38 am

Thanks for a very fast response. In PDF Plans Expoded, Saw-Router Table PlansSaw-Router Table PlansCabinetPDF Plans A4PDF Plans Exploded, the cabinet pieces are numbered up to #17, however, the included MaxCut.mc3 file lists pieces up to #40. On looking through the jig folders I see that the numbered pieces exceed 40. Please advise.
Tony
PS As stated, I have sorted out MaxCut to do as I need.

Suso

Post by Suso » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:00 am

hi again Tony,

open the folder "Saw-Router Table Plans/Cutting List-Despiece" and there you will find several files where you will see all the pieces with their reference number.

let me know if you still have problems

SRW_Cricket

Re: Ask me about Homemade Router and Saw Table.

Post by SRW_Cricket » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:19 am

Hi there, other than being very accurate on squaring up the saw when rebating into the underside as per PDF Plan X Ray Page 1, is there any method to guarantee saw blade is perfectly parallel to the fence?

Suso

Post by Suso » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:40 pm

hello SRW?

the fence is not a problem because you can adapt it later to the saw blade.
the important thing is to get a saw blade perfectly parallel with the "U" shaped aluminum profile... for that you can use an adjustable routing template like this one:
of course, you can also use a 3D Router:

caceresarg1

Post by caceresarg1 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:43 am

Buenas noches aquí en Argentina, Paoson!

Perdón que mi pregunta sea en español, creo que al intentar traducirlo con algún traductor será más confuso mi comentario.
Soy muy nuevo en el maravilloso mundo de la carpintería, realicé mi primer proyecto y con varios errores superados lo pude terminar, ahora necesitando hacer cortes más precisos para mi próximo proyecto me urgía realizar una mesa, y sin dudar compre los planos de la tuya.

Ahora, pregunto... Yo al recién estar comenzando casi no tengo herramientas, solo la sierra circular y alguna otra, se podría armar de todos modos sin tener por ejemplo la router? Pregunto por el rebaje que realizas cuando sujetas la sierra a la tabla, y en algunos otros momentos.
Aclaro que realizaré la mesa tal cual esta en los planos, dejaré el espacio para cuando pueda comprarme la router, la única modificación que haré será la de usar Finger de árbol pino ( https://sc01.alicdn.com/kf/UT8CrrmXvtXX ... -panel.jpg )

PD: Perdona mi extenso comentario, estoy ansioso por comenzar pero tengo más dudas que certezas por el momento.

Iván.
Formosa, Argentina.