Router for the router table

Discuss topics related to the Router & Saw Table
Mouse

Post by Mouse » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:30 pm

Hi Paoson,

I live in Australia and am unable to source the spindle motor you use in your design. I was wondering whether I could substitute it for a Trim Router or small plunge router.

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:25 pm

Thankyou Paoson for your quick reply. I find your designs very practical and creative. Please post more pictures of your projects on your site.

Thank you again Mouse.

Woodchuck

Post by Woodchuck » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:46 am

Hello,
I am really impressed with your work. Regarding the router I do have a little problem. I have a little buget problem and right now I start to build all the components from scratch. A router motor is about 700 euro here in Romania. I want to ask a simple question. I have a hand-router manufactured by Black and Decker . I don not want to destroy it for now. If I will adapt the suport for it do you think will be problems ? I`m worried for the angle cuts. The router is like this http://www.blackanddecker.co.uk/powertools/productdetails/catno/KW900EKA/ . Other issue is I need it also for other jobs till I will buy a good spindle.

Thanks a lot.

Suso

Post by Suso » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:29 am

It will work if you adapt it but you may not be able to get angle cuts. If I where you I'd buy one like mine. I you don't find it at a reasonable price in Romania you could buy it online for 160€.

Good luck with your project and thanks for comment.

Woodchuck

Post by Woodchuck » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:59 am

Thanks a lot. I will by today your plans and I will see how I can adapt. Afterr few orders I can save the money forr a spindle. I already check your links in previous reply.

Best regards and success.

RotingBaconAFC

Post by RotingBaconAFC » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:22 am

Hi Paoson,

Great web site.

I have a brand new Trend T5 router Trend T5 router

Can this machine be successfully integrated into the table or would you recommend a router similar to your own? I would like to avoid further expense if possible.

Best regards

Simon

info@paoson

Post by info@paoson » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:14 am

Hi RotingBaconAFC,

you can use that one making a simple modification of the plans. If you rather don't make any mods, you can try one of this:

Trend T4 Amazon.com

Trend T4 Amazon.uk

It is a good offer and it will fit in the table without modifications.